Business incubator announces Shark Tank companies
Aug 26, 2023
YOUNGSTOWN — Five companies among 60 applicants have been picked to pitch their businesses at the Youngstown Business Incubator’s annual Shark Tank event.
The companies are:
• Backyard Banger — A portable and storable outdoor kitchen island;
• D.O.P.E. Cider House and Winery — Ohio’s first black, woman-owned cidery;
• Droxi — Droxi AI is a machine-learning system that learns from providers over time;
• EPI, Engineered Products Inc. — Maker of custom-engineered RFID (radio frequency identification) tags for the U.S. Department of Defense and heavy industrial markets; and
• Thera Logics — A company developing a portable device to enable eccentric muscle exercises, making it possible to rehab at home.
The contestants are competing for up to $30,000 in prizes.
“YBI is fortunate that our annual signature fundraiser fits seamlessly within our mission to elevate every entrepreneur, while also delivering great entertainment and fun,” Luke Politsky, YBI director of development, said.
New to this year’s event, two previous Youngstown State University Shark Tank contestants will pitch against each other for a cash prize.
The event is 5 p.m. Oct. 19 at Mr. Anthony’s Banquet Center in Boardman.
Today's breaking news and more in your inbox
DETROIT — Just five years ago, a price-conscious auto shopper in the U.S. could choose from among a dozen new ...
ENCINO ENERGY, VENDORS DONATE: Encino Energy and its vendors made major donations stemming from the company’s ...
YOUNGSTOWN — Five companies among 60 applicants have been picked to pitch their businesses at the Youngstown ...
WARREN — The Youngstown / Warren Regional Chamer will recognize six Mahoning Valley business leaders at its ...
ATTORNEY GRADUATES FROM LEADERSHIP PROGRAM: Attorney ShaRay Lewis was among 27 Ohio attorneys to graduate from the ...
LORDSTOWN — The U.S. bankruptcy court judge in Delaware hearing Lordstown Motors Corp.’s bankruptcy case has ...I'm interested in (please check all that apply) Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *